Sunday, July 26, 2009

Belinda Rides On With a New Partner



Long Rider Belinda Dougherty sent an update this week with some additional pictures from the first leg of the ride with Christina.

Howdy,

The really good news is that Christinas Mom is home and, although quite bruised, shold heal up great! She will have to see the Chiro. Those guys can do miracles, I know.

The second bit of good news is that Jim Robertson, from Scotland will be joining me at the end of July, to continue the ride! Yippei, I'm glad tobe able to go on. We will start from The Pahaska-Sunlightt Basin trail, heading up to Cooke City MT. Thanks, to all of you for your good thoughts, for this and more importantly, C's Mom. All those good thoughts can't but help.

Today:
I and Donna, a friend from Ten Sleep. are heading up to the Greybull River, at the foot of the Absarokas. This is where Christine and I would of been if we would of continued from Meeteetse. We are missing the ride up the road, from Meeteetse, about 26 miles. That would continue our continual trail from Ten Sleep. It isn't a perfect world. I'm glad to be doing this, all the same.

I've been looking at those mountains in the distance, getting closer bit by bit, mile by mile. They look majestic and refresshing, as they rose up inthedistance, dark flanks and mountain tops, dotted with snowfield. As I rode throught the badlands, I could imagine the pure water, trickling out of those snowfields. I can almost taste the clear, cool water.

We will be back at the end of the week.

Happy Trails,
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. If you'd like me to respond to you directly, please leave an email address. All comments are moderated, so there may be a delay of a day or so before your comment is posted.